The design may look simple, but its features are anything but. The Wanderer backpack with laptop pocket includes a 15" cushioned separate compartment, exterior dual side pockets that can fit bottles as large as the Simple Modern 22oz Summit, padded adjustable shoulder straps, water resistant 600 D Polyester fabric, durable 4-way zippers that can be zipped from any angle, a chest strap, a travel strap that allows you to connect the backpack to a suitcase handle, interior file/paper sleeve, concealed front pocket, two interior stash pockets ideal for smaller items, a key chain clip, an interior mesh pocket and reinforced stitching!
Unlike traditional backpacks, the Wanderer features a structured shape with a long zipper that covers three sides of the backpack that, when unzipped completely, allows the backpack to be opened flat for easy organization.
The Wanderer 25L backpack measures 19 inches tall, 12 inches wide and 7 inches deep. The two exterior sleeve pockets are 8 inches tall, and the concealed front pocket is 10 inches tall and 8 inches wide.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if there is something wrong with my product?
Your purchase will be protected by our limited lifetime warranty. If your product is defective please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Broken lids and drinkware that has lost its insulating properties are covered but general wear and tear like dents and scratches are not.
When will my order ship?
Orders will typically ship in 3-5 business days. Depending on which products you order, products could come separately from different fulfillment centers.
How many days should I expect for shipping?
Standard shipping orders average 4-8 business days from the time of shipment in the contiguous US.
What do I do if I have questions about my product?
Do you ship to international destinations?
Simple Modern will ship products to Canada, but these orders may be subject to import taxes, customs/duties, and other fees that are not included in the check out total.
Other international locations are not supported at this time.
Does Simple Modern use BPA-free and lead-free paint, ink, and powder coatings on its stainless-steel vessels?
Absolutely. Simple Modern uses only BPA-free and lead-free paint, inks, and powder coating materials on its products and subjects its paints, inks, and powder coatings to independent, third-party testing to verify they are free of BPA, lead, and other toxins.
Are Simple Modern products safe?
Of course. Simple Modern puts the quality of its products and the safety of its customers at the forefront of its innovation. Simple Modern strives to produce safe and quality products at affordable prices. We take this mission very seriously and always will.
For this reason, Simple Modern products and accessories undergo third-party consumer product testing pursuant to requirements from the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission for child safety, and California Proposition 65.
WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS SIMPLE MODERN?
Simple Modern is an employee-owned Oklahoma based company whose mission statement is we exist to give generously. Our desire is to make 5-star products offering remarkable value so we can give to worthy organizations making the world a better place. To hear more please check out simplemodern.com/pages/mission-purpose for a video about us and more.
In the past year of owning this backpack, it is a quality travel companion that fetches many compliments, but I have 5 specific issues with it:
1. For people under 5'8": It's too tall/long, so it feels uncomfortable on the back when a laptop is packed or if the backpack is fully stuffed since you essentially have a hard flat board on your back. If it were 17 inches instead of 19 inches, that would be better. This would also allow use as a personal item at airlines, as the backpack does not conform to baggage policies.
2. The water resistance is either ineffective or wore off after a few weeks. It soaks up water rather quickly like any other fabric.
3. The bottom zippers are so annoying. The main compartment of the backpack consists of 4 zippers: 2 top (most used) and 2 bottom (easy access for items buried at the bottom of the backpack. Although the concept is supposed to be convenient, I've lost small things because the bottom zippers like to unzip upwards, which creates a gap at the bottom corner of my backpack.
4. The backpack does not sit up. It always falls on its face and never balances on its own. Additionally, if its not on a rough floor (outdoor, concrete, carpet), then it will easily slide/fall down onto its face when laid against a wall (imagine resting a hemisphere against a wall).
5. Sometimes the straps get loose and you have to readjust. It does get annoying when you notice that it's a weekly occurrence.
I still choose to keep this backpack because it is well-padded outside and is minimalist. I use it for school, work, transporting food, and weekend travelling (makes a quick pillow!). It's a shame that the website doesn't show additional images of the backpack's features, as they are nice touches. If SM offers an improved version of this bag, I'd be interested in getting my hands on one! In the meantime, I can see this bag lasting me at least 5 years.
These backpacks are so wonderful. Such great quality and the kids love them.
Great design and holds so much more than I thought! This is going to get a lot of use.
Wanderer Backpack with Laptop Sleeve - 25L
Wanderer Backpack with Laptop Sleeve - 25L